Friday, August 25, 2006

No Can Do

I can't settle for 1701 just because it stops the shelling
I can't settle for half measures after a lifetime at war
I can't be asked to survive anymore, I want to live
I can't accept Lebanese people who do not stand in utter solidarity against Israeli crimes in Lebanon - Through that I can sort of understand why Lebanese blood is considered "cheap" when it's "cheap" to certain Lebanese people themselves
I can't understand how the Association for Civil Rights in Israel condemned some of Dan Halutz's acts in Lebanon, while some Lebanese sort of try to justify them (http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGMDE180072006) (part 2 Deliberate destruction or collateral damage)
I can't understand how throughout the war whoever mentions Syrian occupation is a Sionist and now whoever revolts against Israeli attacks is Syrian
I can't understand how we haven't managed to grasp that whoever so much as throws a stone at our country could not be an ally
I can't understand how some parents insist on transmitting the past war hatreds to their offsprings
I can't understand how still nowadays, when a political leader says it's bad, his followers echo it's baaaaaad
I can't understand fanaticism
I can't bear to see other countries settling their accounts at our expense
I can't stop all those revolting thoughts from eating me up
I can't just idly stand by
I can't bring myself to leave this country
So much I can't do eih? :(

Oh and one more can't

I can't lose the faith and hope that somehow we'll come through, that our dawn will break and the sun will shine for all Lebanese.

3 comments:

Ostfen said...

Touching claudine:)
Please don't lose that faith. Guard it in a secret place.

Unknown said...

Salut Claudine,
Je me suis permis de te citer dans ma scrolling marquee... hope it is not a prb...
Cheers

Claudine said...

Ostfen thks for the support, I admit there are times where there seems to be no safe spot for faith, where it seems so easy to lose it... u take care, and stay safe from the whims of nature :), hope they won't affect the courageous flight of the carrier pigeons :).
Camille merci pour ma place sur ton scrolling marquee :)). Safe trip to u and be sure to post :).
C "the impossibility of ending" that is one impossibility I'd like to support, though I usually am against the concept of the "impossible". Thk u for the heartfelt words :). Thk u for that ending ray of hope :), reading it kind of ... well gives hope right back :)